Join us on February 20th, 2020 for the Gorge Tourism Summit at the Society Hotel in Bingen, Washington
A day to explore the latest changes, the long term vision, and all things tourism in our region.
- Tourism Trends that Affect the Gorge What visitors are looking for, how the Gorge compares to other regions, how our tourism money is spent locally, and more
- Rapid Fire 3 Minute Updates Topics include the big proposed changes to the Historic Highway; the Gorge transportation transformation; REI’s ReWilding project; Columbia Area Transit’s new GO Pass; the launch of the new visitor check-list and more
- Exploring the Balance Between Sharing & Protecting the Gorge A deep dive conversation led by Oregon Humanities’ Lisa Naas Cook
- Team Building & Creativity Hands on fun with Global Sessions
- Mini-Networks Meet other people who do what you do to find ways to work together
- Livable/Lovable A panel on the dynamics that short term rentals play in the region featuring Nate DeVol, Hood River Planning Commission; Host 2 Host founder Debi Hertert; and Mosier Mayor Arlene Burns
- Welcomability A look at the experience of diversity in the Gorge with Latinx leader Ubaldo Hernandez; Debbie McCarthy, mother with a middle schooler in a wheelchair; and Lisa Kosglow, author of Kidding Around the Gorge.
- Great Local Food! By Huck Truck, Mugs and Dani’s Kitchen
JOIN US THE NIGHT BEFORE THE SUMMIT FOR GORGE TRIVIA AT 7PM AT PIONEER PIZZA IN WHITE SALMON (216 E Jewett Blvd) NO HOST BAR / ALL ARE WELCOME
The Society Hotel is giving Summit goers a discount for any stays on the nights of 2/19 and 2/20. The guests can use the code “CGTA” to get 15% off (valid for all room types) when booking through their website. As low as $25.